At our cinema, we want to make sure our customers and staff are safe. So we have put the following measures in place:
- Everyone over the age of 16 must scan the QR code with the NHS Covid-19 app or provide their name, postcode, phone number and the time of entry.
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering when coming to see a film, you can remove the covering when you are eating or drinking. Children under the age of 11 are exempt from wearing a mask (Public Health England does not recommend face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons).
- Toilets: Due to Covid-19 restrictions and the use of shared toilets between the museum and the cinema we need to ensure we keep everyone safe, staff and patrons. We, therefore, have had to temporarily close one toilet for the sole use of the museum staff. Our disabled toilet is still available as it was, but it means we have had to change what previously what was the girl’s toilets into a unisex toilet. Only one person or a bubble of people can enter at a time to help reduce the risks in the confined space. Staff will do their best to implement this but at times will be busy so we need to all work together the best we can. Toilets will be cleaned regularly but if you do have an issue please inform a member of staff.
- We can not allow anyone to enter the building until your time slot is available. Please do not use the museum walkway as it poses a risk to museum customers and remember not to attend prior to 20 minutes to your time slot.
- We will currently not be serving our hot drinks in mugs in order to keep our customers safe. Instead they will be served in disposable cups.
- The cinema capacity will be halved to comply with cinema safety guidelines. We have updated our rows with letters and seats with numbers. You may not be able to get the exact seat you wish as seating plans will need to be done strategically ensuring a safe space is provided between bookings. Once your seat is allocated you will not be able to move whatever the circumstances so please ensure you are happy when booking.
- Staff are taking extra precautions ensuring we are keeping the cinema safe and clean please help us by putting your own rubbish into the bins provided. Also, please sanitise your hands when entering the cinema.
- Hand sanitiser is available at our cinema for both customers and staff members.
- We are unable to use beanbags at this time but don’t worry we have new ones in line for when they do return!
- Our staff are wearing PPE and their is perspex on both ends of the kiosk.
- Rule of six. Customers can attend in groups of up to 6 people, or as a group of 2 households. A group made up of 2 households can include more than 6 people, but only where all members of the group are from the same 2 households (or support/childcare bubbles, where eligible).
Below is our Covid Risk Assessment for our cinema. Please feel free to download a copy to find out more information on how we are keeping our customers and our staff safe:
You can also download a copy of our Covid-19 safety guidelines poster. This poster is currently up in our foyer for all customers to read.